The health and wellbeing of our community is a priority to the University of Surrey and below are some ways you can ensure that you are healthy inside and out.
Stay aware of your mental health
- Make time to think about how you feel and notice if your routine or behaviour is changing in a negative way.
- Look out for early signs that you may be feeling stressed or uncomfortable in a situation and take steps to change that.
- Keep a mood diary to help track what it is that is affecting the way you feel and function on a daily basis. You could write this down or use a mobile application.
- Build your self-esteem to help you feel more confident and able to cope with obstacles that occur in life.
Look after your physical health
- Join the Surrey Sports Park which offers:
- Fitness classes
- Swimming pool
- Tennis and squash courts
- Join a club – if you like to have social interaction with your physical activity then find out about joining one the many University of Surrey Students’ Union sports clubs.
- Take a walk around campus.
Mental health and wellbeing
If you are worried or concerned: find out more about the help available.
Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, the University's Centre for Wellbeing offers confidential help and is open to both students and staff.